* please note this is article refers to a free software that has other uses with the huddle cams and not just controls so this software is called debugger tool once downloaded.*
All of the Huddlecams install a virtual COM driver via their USB connection which allows you to control the camera's PTZ functions from a computer using any kind of serial control program. We offer one of these for free that we will use in this guide. Keep in mind, if you would like something a little nicer, you can find a plethora of other programs for this function.
1. Plug your camera in via it’s USB connection, also, plug it into power.
2. Then go to device manager, then down to the Ports (COM & LPT) and make sure your camera shows up. It should show up as USB serial adapter or USB-Serial CH340
3. If it shows up on port 1 through 4, you are good. If not, you need to double click on the USB serial adapter or USB-Serial CH340and the go to the port settings tab, then choose advanced, then choose COM port 1 through 4.
4. After that go here and download our free Remote PTZ software.
5. If you install it but can't find it just search "debugger" in your start menu.
6. Just make sure your settings in the software are correct; 9600 Baudrate, Protocol would be VISCA, the port would be whatever port (1 through 4) you set the rs-232 adapter to earlier on.
7. Once this is done you should have complete control of your camera using the debugger program.